Our vision is to be welcoming, supportive, and inclusive of ALL immigrants in the Shuswap.
Our mission is to foster a culture of education, tolerance, and community that assists and empowers immigrants of the Shuswap Region of British Columbia in the integration and settlement into life in Canada.
Our Core Values
- We value the diversity that immigrants bring to our community.
- We value the collaboration with our funders, community organizations, and volunteers in providing settlement services.
- We value tolerance, respect, and understanding of all people and cultures.
- We value the development of strong supportive relationships with those we serve.
- We value the importance of educational opportunities for immigrants.
Statement of Purpose
- To provide programs and activities that assist in the settlement and adaptation of new Canadians to Canadian life and social culture.
- To promote and encourage new Canadians to participate in and contribute to their community and to Canadian society at large .
- To foster tolerance and understanding between ethnic communities.
- To assist new Canadians in adapting to the Canadian workplace.
- To facilitate the educational endeavours of New Canadian families.
- To work in cooperation with other agencies to support the successful settlement and adaptation of new immigrants and refugees to British Columbia.